Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Figure drawings & still life



Female figure
18" x 25"
Charcoal on paper
2013




Male figure
25" x 18"
Charcoal on paper
2013




Paper bags
19" x 25"
Conte crayons on canson paper
2012




Fabric
19" x 25"
Charcoal on paper
2012


So these are the first figure drawings I've spend time on finishing. The other couple of times I've done nudes is at figure drawing classes, and quite frankly the last person I went to see was so ugly I couldn't pay attention. Ahem. Anyway, the female figure was pretty easy to work on. It took about three or four sessions to finish up. The male figure was a little harder, and I actually started it before I started the second one. The proportions are wonky compared to the reference, but time wasn't agreeing with me to fix it. It was something new for me.

The still life of fabric was done after I finished the shoes still life. I did the same thing with this as I did with the last still life.

As for the paper bags, I used different materials. Conte crayons are pretty interesting, it's just that you have to keep the white and black from mixing while drawing with them and it can be frustrating. For what it is, it came out better than I expected it to.

I didn't mention that I hate drawing, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment