Monday, October 25, 2010

And something to be proud of!




Mikael Akerfeldt
Pencil on paper
11" x 14"
2009

Another one of these. I was listening to lots of Opeth and Mikael's pretty easy on the eyes, so why not?

This was my first time filling in a drawing with a background, and thankfully the reference photo had a blurry forest scene. Starting the drawing up was ridiculous, it took a few months for me to even get some basic lines down, and in the end I almost erased everything. I nearly gave up on this, but I kept some lines down and decided to just go for it. It was a sorta blurry photo entirely, so my teacher and I had to mess around in Photoshop to catch different lights properly. This is still something I'm very happy to call my own work, even with the problems that came along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment